Leading Age Services Australia
2019 Innovation Name: innovAGEING
Awards: 5th Most Innovative Government, Education & Not-For-Profit Company
To meet the identified innovation imperative, LASA established innovAGEING–a national innovation network for the age services industry in Australia. Participation in the network is open to all care and support providers in the age services industry, relevant university centres and researchers, age services consumer groups, interested public sector agencies, and investors. As the country’s national innovation network, innovAGEING does the following:
– Establish and facilitate a connected ‘community of practice’ for progressive thinkers, practitioners and innovators in the age services industry.
– Create, capture, and share examples of age services innovation in Australia, and promote innovation within the industry and across the wider community.
– Celebrate, highlight, and elevate innovation in the age services industry through a major national awards program.
In doing so, innovAGEING focuses on the following objectives:
– Reinterpret the concept of ageing in relation to the design and delivery of services.
– Foster the development of new business models through innovation.
– Enable the industry to be more consumer-centric in its service delivery. With a mandate to catalyse change in the industry, a distinct innovation of innovAGEING was that it operated as a quasi-spin out from LASA. In doing so, the network was allowed to go beyond a business-as-usual operating environment.